- OneAIM JV wins Operations Site Works contract
- Cost-efficient engineering support for reprocessing plants and linked facilities at Cumbrian nuclear site
OneAIM, a joint venture between Amec Foster Wheeler and Interserve, has won a key framework contract to support reprocessing plants and facilities at the Sellafield nuclear site in Cumbria.
Operations Site Works, which is worth up to £160 million over four years, covers engineering support services for asset care and maintenance.
OneAIM’s participation in the full project lifecycle is designed to produce greater cost-efficiencies for Sellafield Limited, the company responsible for reprocessing, decommissioning and nuclear waste management.
Each of the OneAIM partners has extensive experience in the nuclear sector. Amec Foster Wheeler’s existing work at Sellafield includes:
- Lot 3 of the Decommissioning Delivery Partnership, a 10-year, £125 million framework to support accelerated clean-up of the site;
- Membership of the Axiom alliance, which supplies design, engineering, and safety case assessment services for projects and tasks supporting accelerated hazard reduction;
- Delivery, as part of a joint venture, of the Box Encapsulation Plant, a £600 million project to tackle one of the site’s most hazardous legacy facilities;
- A 10-year contract for laboratory-based analysis and characterisation of waste.
Interserve has worked with Sellafield for 17 years, supporting it during major projects such as the opening of the new Evaporator D facility – a significant expansion to the capacity for processing nuclear waste material on the 6km² site.
Winning the Operations Site Works framework reflects our strategy to extend the range of services we provide to Sellafield Limited.
We welcome the opportunity of taking a greater role in the full project lifecycle, focusing on delivering safe, efficient and predictable outcomes and supporting Sellafield Limited in its cost efficiency objectives, while also having a positive social impact on communities, skills and growth in Cumbria.
The combination of Amec Foster Wheeler and Interserve creates a highly capable vehicle that will work to bring international best practice and value-driven solutions to the Sellafield mission.
Having worked in the nuclear sector for more than 65 years, we’re extremely well equipped to deal with the challenges that operating in such an environment presents. Our team of experts carry out their day-to-day responsibilities with the level of precision and care required at a reprocessing plant, using their skills and knowledge to manage customer projects in a safe and efficient way.
The nature of work at Sellafield also requires flexibility to scale up activity to deliver complex multidisciplinary projects. Our longstanding relationship with Sellafield has given us an in-depth understanding of its unique needs, allowing us to work with our partners Amec Foster Wheeler to tailor the service we provide.