We are proud of the partnership we have with Anadarko: together we have excelled in deepwater project management in the Gulf of Mexico because of our strong collaboration and consistent cost-effective performance.
Wood Group and Anadarko are celebrating more than 15 years of success in subsea engineering and more than 20 years of success in topsides facility engineering.
Together, we have become industry leaders in offshore project management, particularly in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico (GoM) where Anadarko has a reputation for delivering successful projects with industry-leading safety, cost and schedule performance.
This collaboration has achieved many significant milestones:
- The Heidelberg field development achieved first oil one year early as a result of the accelerated project schedule between concept and first oil achieved by using the Design One, Build-Two approach. While the topsides capitalized on utilizing the Lucius design, the subsea design was completely new. Even with a new design, the Wood Group/Anadarko subsea team delivered the Heidelberg subsea system within the shortened project schedule.
- Two of the deepest subsea production systems in the world at the time of installation were developed: Independence Hub (~9,000 ft. depth) and Lucius (~8,000 ft. depth).
- Nine GoM deepwater subsea and topsides facilities have been designed or supported: Boomvang, Nansen, Gunnison, Independence Hub, Constitution, Marco Polo, Red Hawk (now decommissioned), Lucius and Heidelberg.
- Designed and built more than 30 drill center installations around these assets, 70+ trees and control systems and 200+ miles of flowlines design.
- A proven onshore technology was successfully implemented on an offshore GoM platform during the Lucius Amine project. The teams completed the design, procurement and construction processes ahead of schedule and under budget.
Dedicated, collaborative teams enable the continued use of best practices to achieve efficiencies and to apply project learnings across the portfolio of projects. The Wood Group/Anadarko teams regularly work on multiple subsea and topsides projects in parallel, from greenfield concepts to brownfield modifications, all in various stages of development.
“In collaboration with Anadarko, we have developed standard packages, preferred equipment vendors and designs, and worked to refine and expedite equipment deliveries,” said Erin Balch, Wood Group subsea program manager. “In addition to speedy deliveries, we support Anadarko to specify and procure equipment outside of projects to lessen long-lead constraints and accelerate total project schedule.”
“Working with Wood Group has really enhanced Anadarko’s ability to deliver world-class projects safely and efficiently,” said Mike Beattie, director of deep water and international projects for Anadarko. “Our teams work in an integrated manner, building on success after success. This consistency has enabled our lessons learned to become part of our combined organizational knowledge base, and our shared values are the cornerstone to achieving these relationship milestones.”
“We are proud of the partnership we have with Anadarko,” stated Wood Group’s Kent McAllister, senior vice president, Projects & Modifications Offshore. “Together we have excelled in deepwater project execution in the Gulf of Mexico because of our strong collaboration and consistent performance. We have seen the results of Anadarko’s unique project-management philosophy, corporate values and LiveSafe culture. A large part of the success is that we treat each other as family and work toward mutual success.”