From concept to commissioning and beyond.
Drawing on 60 years of experience, we provide full-service capabilities from initial studies and process design to engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and construction management(EPCM) for the delivery of base metals projects globally. Our comprehensive expertise includes geology, mine planning and design, processing, tailings management, material handling, environmental permitting, water treatment and infrastructure, project delivery, closure, and reclamation. We are experienced in resource and reserve estimating, modelling and audits, as well as mine planning, design and optimisation.
- Over 20 years supporting the Antamina copper-zinc project in Peru through more than 60 contracts including a wide range of consulting services
- Delivered the benchmark Andacollo 55,000 tpd copper concentrator in Chile for capital efficiency, involving a creative EPCM approach and extensive value engineering.
- Provided EPCM services for the Tenke Fungurume Copper/Cobalt project in Democratic Republic of Congo, the first major greenfield project following a decade of civil war.
- Asset support projects to sustain and improve brownfield operation at the Andina copper complex
- More than 50 studies and projects at zinc mines, mills and refineries in the last five years globally
- Pioneer of the commercial-scale use of pressure leaching at one of the world’s largest zinc refineries
- EPCM contractor for establishment and two major expansions at one of the world’s largest zinc mines
- Worked with major zinc technology suppliers, including Lurgi, Union Minière and Asturiana
- Worldwide resources for the assessment of iron-ore development properties and operating mines/process facilities
- Identified key design innovations and later, in joint venture, provided EPC for the Cloudbreak wet front-end facility in Western Australia for a global leader in the iron ore industry
- Engineering and detailed design for the world-class Roy Hill project in Western Australia, following a design review that resulted in significant cost savings
- Centres of iron-ore processing expertise in our offices in Australia, Canada, Chile and Peru