Your guide from policy to permit.
Our teams of scientists, engineers and regulatory specialists maximise your operational flexibility throughout the permitting process and maximise performance improvements while helping to assure your asset complies with applicable standards and regulations. We reduce your risk, liabilities and costs, and we look for opportunities to enhance both environmental quality and your bottom line.
Adding value through the toughest environmental projects
In today’s complex regulatory environment, the need for a reliable and innovative partner to guide infrastructure development, permitting and compliance is greater than ever. Wood’s global network of experts in policy, environmental science, sustainability and engineering work seamlessly to help customers develop and operate compliant, productive assets. With technical and regulatory expertise covering water, land use, air and all related ecosystems, we focus on addressing our customers' environmental challenges and managing important inputs from regulatory authorities and other key stakeholders.
We proactively monitor developments and changes in environmental policies to provide an early look on emerging regulatory trends and likely changes to regulations. By linking policy to applicable regulations and project-specific permit conditions, we assist our customers with major infrastructure developments, environmental audits, permits and other required project approvals. We understand the real-world challenges our customers face in complying with so many regulations while striving to operate profitably and meet schedules.
We relish taking on the most challenging of projects from strategy to submissions, with a keen focus on always meeting your priorities and adding value.
- Environmental impact studies and assessments
- Development planning
- Natural resource management
- Flood studies and mapping
- GIS and environmental mapping
- Hydrogeology and hydrology
- Meteorological and oceanographic studies
- Aquatic, terrestrial and airborne ecology
- Industrial hygiene
- Permitting (all environmental media)
- Emission identification and assessment
- Regulatory compliance reporting
- Environmental, health, and safety (EHS) compliance audits
- Stakeholder facilitation and public engagement
- Emergency planning
- Noise and vibration services
A flavour of some of our work:
- 80+ deep-sea drilling operations depend on our met-ocean monitoring support for the safety of their operations
- Obtaining the first-ever consent from an indigenous group in a remote Peruvian village to allow studies on their land
- Advising governments across four continents on water scarcity planning