Active listening – how AI can optimise performance at noise-constrained facilities
Improving noise management and optimising performance at noise‑constrained facilities, worksites or infrastructure
Are your operations constrained by noise emissions? Increased urbanisation and awareness of environmental health and safety is pushing industrial operators to improve management of noise emissions.
Wood noiseAI classifies sound emissions instantly and as accurately as human experts. Using machine learning, the technology automates the assessment of noise monitoring data, allowing users to optimise operations while protecting their social license to operate.
Instantly and accurately
assess noise data
Focus on operation-related
Unlock operator time and
The problem with environmental noise monitoring
noiseAI reduces false alerts by 95%
Wood has developed an artificial intelligence (AI) based tool that can classify noise events with the same accuracy as subject matter experts, making it possible to exclude extraneous noise from monitored noise data as it is recorded.
noiseAI can reduce alerts by more than 20x (-95%), improving the operator’s ability to avoid or respond to actual noise exceedances while minimising the impact on operations and compliance.
How it works
Where noiseAI can help
noiseAI has been successfully deployed for multiple types of industrial sites, including wind energy, ports, construction, refining and mining operations as well as in smart cities.
How noiseAI can improve outcomes at your site
- Classifies sounds as they are sensed, providing deeper and more timely insight that enables bolder noise management action
- Unlocks missed production opportunities, avoiding restrictions by false alarms and overly conservative curtailment while maintaining compliance
- Relieves analysis burden and allows operators to focus on managing production-related noise levels by eliminating the ‘noise’ in the data
- Ensures consistency in noise evaluation, with 24/7 availability
- Supports accountability and transparency for reporting, auditing and quality control. AI performance can be supervised by subject matter experts through regular benchmarking.
- Integrates with existing systems; sensor agnostic and remote-deployable via cloud infrastructure
- Reduces noise management costs; available through a monthly subscription without setup fee
See if noiseAI works for you
You can improve outcomes at noise-constrained facilities and worksites. We use noiseAI to show you how.
As part of a free demo, we can analyse your site's historical noise levels and noise management actions to show how noiseAI can improve productivity at your site without increasing the risk of non-compliance or complaints.
Click the button below and one of our consultants will get back to you shortly to set up a free demo or provide a quote for your organisation.
Vibration, dynamics and noise
Bring the noise – selecting practical noise controls for industrial facilities