Website Privacy Notice
The Wood Group of companies ("Wood", "we", “us” or "our") respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
This Privacy Notice only applies to personal information that we collect when you visit and use our website at https://www.woodplc.com/ and any other website provided by us that links to this document (“Website”). If you use or interact with us through the use of our Website as a business partner (for example as a supplier or customer of Wood), and you would like further information about our practices and the rights applicable to you please refer to our Contacts privacy notice. If you are a job applicant and you would like further information about our practices and the rights applicable to you please refer to our Recruitment privacy notice. If you are a Wood worker (including those who work on a non-permanent basis, such as contingent, temporary and contract workers, independent contractors, consultatns, professional advisors, secondees and interns) and you would like further information about our practices and the rights applicable to you please refer to our Worker privacy notice. If you are a shareholder and you would like further information about our practices and the rights applicable to you please refer to our Shareholder privacy notice.
- What does Wood do?
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets, headquartered in Aberdeen, Scotland but with group companies all around the world. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
For more information about Wood, please see here.
- What personal information does Wood collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details (e.g. your name, email address, phone number) in order to sign up for news alerts that may be of interest to you and/or to submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device, which in some jurisdictions might be considered as personal information. The information we collect automatically may include your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” at Section 7.
Information that we obtain from third party sources
In general, we may collect personal information about you from third parties only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal information.
- Who does Wood share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information.
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation; (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person; (iv) to investigate and manage actual or alleged violations of law.
- To a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
- Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. In particular, we will normally collect personal information from you only where the processing is in our legitimate interests (to administer our IT systems and networks, to ensure the proper functioning of the Website) and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to process your personal information e.g. in response to lawful requests by public authorities in order to investigate unauthorized interference with our Website.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Under certain circumstances, we may also ask for your consent to process your personal information.
- Cookies and similar tracking technology
- How does Wood keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
- International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, our Website servers are located in the United Kingdom (“UK”) and the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries. When we export your personal information to a different country, we will take steps to ensure that such data exports comply with applicable laws.
- Reliance on the Standard Contractual Clauses to facilitate data transfers to third parties outside the UK and the EEA who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it; and
- entering internal data transfer agreements between companies in the Wood group which protect data to the same standards as the UK and EEA;
- entering contracts with partners and third party service providers which protect your data to the same standards as the UK and EEA and;
- Wood also implements a range of organisational and technical security measures, such as cyber security training, role based access and encryption, where appropriate, to ensure personal data is secure.
- Data retention
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested) or to comply with applicable legalrequirements.
When we have no lawful grounds to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- Your data protection rights
If you are a visitor from the UK, EEA or Brazil you have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- In addition you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in Europe can be accessed here).
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you are a State of California resident, under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) or a Nevada resident under the Nevada Privacy of Information Collected on the Internet from Consumers Act (“NPICIC”) you may make certain requests regarding your personal information in our possession. In particular, you can request us to disclose to you specific pieces of information that we hold about you and to delete your personal information In addition to those rights, you also have the right not to be discriminated against. This means that if you exercise your CCPA rights we will not deny you services, provide you with an inferior quality of our products or services or charge you different rates. However if you exercise your right to data deletion, this may impact our ability to provide requested services to you.
Please note that WE DO NOT SELL your personal information within the meaning of the CCPA and the NPICIC.
Please note that if you are a visitor outside the UK, EEA California, Nevada or Brazil, similar rights might apply. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. In the event of any substantive or material changes, we will communicate these changes to you by posting the updated Privacy Notice on this Website and/or notifying you of the change via the Website or other methods. Your continued use of, or, access to, the Website following such notice constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the updated Privacy Notice.
- How to contact us
The data controller of your personal information is John Wood group plc, which is registered with the UK’s Data Protection Authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you have any questions, concerns about our use of your personal information or wish to exercise you data protection rights under Section 11 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a State of California or Nevada resident, in addition to sending us an email you can also exercise your rights by submitting this form.
Revision Date: 30 November 2021