Effective QA/QC stage-gate and information management bridge to your destination CMMS/EAM system
Integrated maintenance database (IMD) is Wood’s proprietary cloud tool utilised by Maintenance Engineers across diverse sectors and industries to:
- Build new maintenance regimes for new projects (greenfield)
- Analyse, optimise, validate and map existing maintenance data from CMMS/EAM systems (brownfield)
- Assure data referential integrity and engineering data anomaly management
Reorganise CMMS and EAM asset hierarchies
Develop new maintenance regimes for new builds (greenfield)
Optimise existing maintenance data (brownfield)
IMD use cases
Deliver a data migration from an existing CMMS into their global CMMS. This included reassignment of new system numbers and boundaries, as well as rebuilding hierarchies for over 200K FLOCs, reassigning maintenance, and BoMs.
Our approach: A Pilot was run on a medium-sized asset to provide proof of concept prior to utilising drawings and engineering experience to deliver the remaining assets.
Value delivered: Maintenance optimisation carried out during the migration process provided Total with savings on its maintenance costs.The completed project ensured that the client was aligned to their CMMS Standard and ensured data integrity was maintained.
Deliver data for four platforms and an oil terminal acquired from Shell. The SAP PM data was migrated to the planned Hibiscus system of choice, IBM Maximo Asset Management. The client advised that a rapid migration should take place with minimal data manipulation or changes.
Our approach: The IMD was employed as a staging database, allowing the data to be mapped, quality checked and exported in Maximo format templates to the client’s data contractors.
Value delivered: Rapid migration of five assets’ data using the IMD’s automated quality checks to ensure the integrity of the system was maintained while requiring minimal data manipulation.
Development of risk-based maintenance, repair and spare strategies. FLOC hierarchy, class/characteristics, and maintenance programme development. Sparing and inventory development.
Our approach: The IMD was employed as a staging database, allowing the data to be mapped, quality checked and exported in templates to the client's destination CMMS.
Value delivered: 30% reduction in planned maintenance burden from company standard by moving towards risk-based and condition-based maintenance strategies.Recognised best-in-class data anomaly management that resulted in a notable improvement in EPC and supplier data quality. BOM hierarchy tree view to establish high FLOC coverage.
Deliver the migration of Maximo data to SAP for two assets. One of the primary objectives will be to ensure maximum engagement and liaison with relevant personnel.
Our approach: The IMD was used as a staging database with much of the mapping taking place prior to loading. Migration of the data was carried out by the team in Aberdeen, with the final data loaded to SAP by our team in Houston.
A moderate amount of data manipulation had to take place to ensure data integrity.
Value delivered: Existing data was modified and mapped to the new system with no loss of data. Wood used teams in both Aberdeen and Houston, and the migration was completed while having minimal impact on the client’s day-to-day business.
Integrated digital landscapes
CMMS/EAM solutions have always been an integral part of complex industrial asset management systems but are increasingly seen as a critical part of a modern asset’s integrated digital landscape.
Digital transformation programs may not succeed if the necessary foundation is not established, including data referential integrity. IMD provides quality control and information management of existing data prior to being transferred to destination CMMS/EAM systems.
Risk and conditioned-based maintenance systems
The IMD can support your shift towards risk-based and condition-based maintenance systems. It helps ensure high-quality master and transactional data in the CMMS/EAM system, including information about spare parts and inventory. This is important for making informed maintenance and reliability decisions.
Reorganise asset hierarchies for operational efficiency
Create and manipulate hierarchical equipment lists (Functional Locations and Assets), Job Tasks, Task Lists, Job Plans, Object Lists, BOMs, Routes and PMs. The IMD allows the bulk-building of Planned Maintenance and the ability to copy Job Plans, Routes and Job Tasks, making maintenance development fast and flexible.
IMD to analyse, build and optimise data
Developed by maintenance engineers for maintenance engineers
Improve legacy data
Clean and organise your data before moving it to a new system. Compared to traditional methods, the IMD:
- Reduces manual effort required by automating tasks
- Ensures data referential integrity at all stages of development
- Can help identify gaps, incomplete or inaccurate CMMS/EAM data
Standardise asset data
- Consolidate data from multiple sources into a single data set
- Manage syntax and semantic data correctness
- Perform data anomaly management with powerful automation
Use as a staging database
- Ensure rapid alignment of multiple asset data sets
- Develop mapping plan to new system
- Test load to identify import issues and mitigate the risk of rework
Powerful IMD features
- Cloud-based – high speed, no local installation required and accessible from any browser
- Flexible – easily developed/configured to align with your requirements
- Visible – provides live project progress tracking via dashboard/KPI reporting
- Secure – appropriate user roles grant customised levels of access to ensure security and integrity of data
- Auditable – changes tracked via the auditing module
- Fast – IMD reduces manual effort through automated applications when compared with traditional builds
- Reliable and accurate – a robust system with 20+ years of active utilisation and continuous development and improvements
Agile, cloud-based interface
Flexible to align to your needs
Real-time reporting with
Contact our specialists
to see how IMD can provide efficient and high-quality data development for your system – including Maximo, SAP, Oracle and others