Amec Foster Wheeler announces today that is has been recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for 2015 by MediaCorp for its commitment to sustainability. This special designation recognizes employers that lead the nation in creating a culture of environmental awareness in their organization.
Sustainability must be integral to everything we do as a business in order to be successful and our people are at the heart of what we do. We want Amec Foster Wheeler to be recognized as a leader in responsible business practices, one that takes its environmental responsibilities seriously by supporting our customers and suppliers in this area. We want our employees to be proud to work for us.
Some of the reasons why Amec Foster Wheeler was selected as one of Canada's Greenest Employers (2015):
- At each office location, employees manage their own sustainability committees, from a few people to 1,000 members, depending on the office -- each committee leader becomes part of the overall steering group who work to implement global and local initiatives
- Amec Foster Wheeler's long-term low carbon management plan publicly commits the company to reduce its carbon emissions by 80% by 2050, against a 2009 baseline year
- Amec Foster Wheeler has over 50 Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) accredited professionals who have worked on many major LEED projects for private and public-sector clients across Canada -- the company's unique engineering capabilities have made it a major player in the Canadian bio-fuels sector, including the design of biomass-fed combined heating and power boilers that produce green energy at a number of locations across the country
- Each office location operates its own extensive recycling program ensuring that everything from paper to batteries and organic composting to project construction materials are recycled
- The company has developed an in-house sustainability training awareness package that is available to all employees, helping each employee capitalize on the company's considerable engineering expertise in developing sustainable lifestyles at home and work.