From the ground down
Subsurface conditions can make or break your capital project and greatly impact your asset’s safety and useful life. We combine geoscience, geotechnical engineering and materials expertise to understand complex ground conditions and how to achieve the best built solution for your project.
A solid foundation
What’s below the ground is as critical and complex as the structure it supports.
We leverage our experience in analysing, testing, designing and monitoring virtually every combination of rock, soil and water in the most difficult conditions to provide comprehensive technical support for your project. The breadth of our global geotechnical and materials expertise allows us to assist our customers in assessing any subsurface environment.
Digging deep to meet your goals
Whether developing a new greenfield site, expanding or repurposing an existing facility, we investigate, characterise, quantify, and model surface and subsurface materials and geohazards in all environments. By taking the time to understand your challenges, we engineer practical, innovative, sustainable and cost-effective solutions that enable you to build successfully from the ground up. And, where necessary, we provide technical approaches to facilitate ground improvements and construction methods that meet both the requirements of your site and the constraints of your budget.
Building for our future
Our geotechnical and materials capabilities include field construction monitoring, inspection and testing. The scope of our geotechnical experience covers vertical structures, tanks, tunnels, roads and bridges, landfills, dams and levees, and tailings storage facilities. From our certified laboratories, we provide a wide range of testing services for soil, rock and construction materials that complement our geotechnical services. To enhance the quality and value of your project, we assure high-performing material compositions according to international and local standards.
Our understanding of the importance of local knowledge of subsurface conditions combined with the ability to access our global geotechnical and materials experts provides you the technical strength you need for any project: superior geotechnical and materials services, including:
- Geological site characterisation and geotechnical modelling
- Foundations and geo-structural engineering
- Dams, levees, and impoundments design and inspections
- Route geotechnical engineering
- Geotechnical and seismic (earthquake) engineering
- Mining and rock engineering
- Ground performance, improvement and verification
- Geotechnical and construction instrumentation and monitoring
- Geotechnical laboratory services
- Materials field/laboratory services for quality control/assurance
- Pavement engineering, condition and performance
- Steel inspection
Some facts about our geotechnical and materials testing services:
- 750+ specialists globally
- 60+ construction materials labs for soil, steel, cement, masonry, concrete and asphalt testing
- Seismic engineering and foundation support for 73-storey buildings in high earthquake zone in the heart of Los Angeles
- Ensuring a world-class stadium with 40,000 tons of steel can safely support 71,000 fans
- Safety evaluations at 300+ dams
- 60+ year track record of technical excellence