Our extensive development experience provides unrivalled knowledge, helping you make key decisions and build detail around your concept.
After the initial development stages, concept development refines your opportunity to find a viable commercial solution. We support customers through screening and selection, before moving into the FEED stage of the project.
Absolute alignment with our customers is a major part of our process, and we use independent processes to ensure we find the best solution. We ask the right questions and provide the most appropriate answers to clarify and refine projects for the development stage.
The early stages of concept definition have enormous influence on the direction and performance of the project. Our experience brings significant advantages because we have lived and learned through decades of completed engineering projects. The concept stage plays well to our strengths. We provide maximum flexibility to test ideas and generate the best designs without extensive rework.
Typical conceptual activities include:
- Assessment of drivers and selection criteria
- Concept screening and evaluation
- Selection and development
- Recommendation and justification
- Defining solutions
- Engineering calculations and simulations
- Refined weight and cost estimates
- Early development schedules
The benefits of experience
Our experience spans many sectors, enabling us to offer relevant guidance backed by operational understanding. We contribute across a comprehensive range of scenarios including:
- Environmentally sensitive considerations
- Technically challenging developments
- Deepwater facilities in most formats (TLP, Semi-sub, Spar, FPSO, NUI)
- HP/HT reservoirs
- Remote locations and harsh conditions
- Complex modifications
- Heavy oil processing
- H2S / CO2 removal
- Carbon capture
- Onshore developments
We have key areas of expertise across onshore and offshore developments that extend from subsea systems and production facilities through pumping and infrastructure to processing, storage and sales, as well as energy, process, utilities, environmental and infrastructure, mining and industrial markets.