Dynamic simulator used to test logic of distributed control systems (DCS) and as virtual plant/process for operator training systems (OTS).
Wood's VP Link™ simulator provides a dynamic representation of a chemical process that can be hooked up to an offline copy of the control system. VP Link reads the control system outputs and calculates the virtual process state by using hybrid process modelling.
Think of VP Link as the virtual process practice plant. When VP Link is connected to a distributed control system (DCS), safety instrumented system (SIS), or programmable logic controller (PLC), the system’s logic will react to signals from the virtual process as though it is interacting with a live one.
VP Link addresses your simulation needs from simple to sophisticated process modelling in a continuous framework, a key benefit. Operator training (OTS) nodes can be used as a test-bed system for prevention, periodic logic validation and change management. Unattended, real-time performance logs can be retrieved while the modelling environment remains flexible, easy to learn and easy to maintain.
Cross-platform functionalities make VP Link a portable, easy-to-reconfigure solution. It is not only a cost-effective simulation package for OTS and logic validation using off-the-shelf components, but also has the lowest total cost of ownership thanks to its non-invasive stimulated I/O-based simulation and emulation.
VP Link has been used with the following systems and scenarios:
- Rockwell: ControlLogix, AADvance, A-B PLC5/SLC500, Trusted, PlantPAx
- ABB: Mod300, 800xa, Industrial IT
- Emerson: Delta, ProVOX
- GE Fanuc: Series 90, RX3I, RX7I
- Honeywell: Experion PKS, TDC, TPS, FSC, Safety Manager, Plantscape
- NovaTech: D/3
- Schneider Electric: Triconex – Tricon/Trident; Foxboro – I/A, Archestra; InFusion; Modicon – Quantum, Unity, M340
- Siemens: Ti 505 Serial or Ethernet, APACS, PCS7, S7
- Yokogawa: Centum VP, CS3000, ProSafe/RS
- Woodward: NetSim NVE
- Open Process Automation (OPA) Controllers
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) brains, including Microsoft BonsAI
- or hardware signals to any processor and I/O
- or emulation within VP Link using regulatory control blocks
VP Link has been used in the following industries:
- Chemical, including air separation
- Food & beverage
- Mining & environmental
- Nuclear Industry
- Power generation
- Upstream oil & gas
VP Link also connects to Virtuoso® systems for integrated dynamic simulation models, inclusive of production wells, flowlines/pipelines, subsea and topsides processing facilities and controls.
Contact us to discuss how we can address and improve your DCS or OTS systems operation and performance.