PipeLay automates many of the tasks associated with building finite element models
Providing automation and project efficiency for complex finite element analysis and post-processing challenges associated with installation scenarios in deep and shallow water.
Developed by Wood in collaboration with key industry partners including Allseas, HMC, Petrobras, Shell, Saipem and Technip, PipeLay was designed to be a specialised engineering tool for modelling installation scenarios.
- User does not need to be an expert in finite element modelling
- Increased productivity for installation engineers
- Easy-to-use, modern Windows™-based application that is actively and continuously developed for today's computing environment
- Support for all feasible installation scenarios
- Sophisticated and accurate finite element solver based on proven Flexcom engine
- Significant level of detail achievable, including complex in-line structures
- A single license allows unlimited instances of user interfaces for model building and results viewing